Sunday, February 9, 2014

What if...

What if...
I was tan.
I ran away to Florida.
I had a different mom.
I didn't come to school today.
I went to school in Florida.
I wasnt from Missouri.
my name wasnt kylee
I had 20 siblings
 my parents were still married
I liked to work out
I had a twin
I was out of school
I got married right out of high school
I had a child
I decided not to go to school
I knew what I wanted to be
I could see in the future
I never had to worry




What if I ran away to Florida? I could only picture the look on my mothers face. Eeekkkkkk. Scary thought. I remember when I first started applying to school in  Florida, I would get these newsletters and my mom would throw them away or hide them. She's so against me leaving her. Sometimes I feel as if she relies on me a little too much. But every time I think that I start to feel guilty, she did give me life. Anyways, back to talking about running away to Florida. I guess I would do it in the middle of the night. I would pack my suit case and leave a note saying where I went. I would drive there as  at as I could without looking back. I  have always loved the ocean and the  sand between my toes, the heat of the sun beating down on my skin. Since the first time I went to Florida I knew that's where I wanted to be, no questions about it. I have always had some interest in the ocean, with sharks and abandon boots and silly stuff like that. I think that I would go to school for something that allowed me to explore it. I'd find a job at diner and wait tables as I went to school. I would make something out of myself. I think the hardest part about running away would be the hear t break of my mother and leaving my little brother behind. I think that's what is really holding me back from chasing my dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment