Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Most people would tell you I am the spinning image of my mother. I talk like her, I walk like her, I yell like her, I am my mother. There are a few differences between her and I, I spend most of my time dreaming of how I will one day see this world. How one day I will float down the canals of Venice, build schools in Africa, work with the sea turtles in Costa Rica, and even see the Grand Canyon.
I have dreams. My mother is content with being in our home as for I am not.


I remember growing up my Grandparents lived on a huge farm with acres of land set behind the house. My sister and I would play outside and pretend where were traveling to see the animals of Africa. We spent a lot of times pretending we were the Wild Thornberries. My grandma use to call us dreamers and free spirits. Always told us that if we wanted to see the world, then want it bad, and if you want it bad enough you will succeed. I want it bad enough so I know I will succeed.

I more often than not dream about traveling to south Africa.

As I bored the plane I kiss my mom by knowing that she will have the hardest time with my absence I can tell through her tears running her face and knowing my dad will miss me but he has never been good with emotions. I walk down the hall towards my seat I begin to get nervous about my 26 hour flight. I have never been much of a flyer in fact the last time I flew I got sick after two hours, But, I remember I have wanted this since I was a little girl. Then the words of my grandma come to mind "if you want it bad enough you will succeed" and I do so I take my seat and begin to settle. I know with my best friend sitting next to me all is right in the world.

New Orleans

The first flight was great then we landed to bored  our next flight and a storm hit. Waited 12 hours in an airport before we were able to continue on our trip.
 The first thing I noticed upon arriving to new Orleans was the cars, boats, and other belongs still in the ditches from the hurricane. I never realized how much damange was actually done until I see what was left to be fixed after a few years. My heart broke the people that lost their homes, family, and belongs. It's weird how you think things are okay until you see it for yourself. I'm not sayin the entire city wasn't repared because parts of it were brand new and looked great and parts of it were still completely destroyed.


I have always loved animals and the wild life, so when we were drving down th

No comments:

Post a Comment